Immi Talks Logo

Study In UK

The United Kingdom (UK) is a country located off the northwestern coast of mainland Europe. It is made up of four countries: England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. The UK is known for its rich history, cultural heritage, and global influence.

London is the capital and largest city of the UK, and it’s also a major financial and cultural hub. The UK has played a significant role in world history, from its colonial past to its contributions in literature, science, and technology.

The UK has a diverse cultural scene, with contributions to literature (Shakespeare, Jane Austen), music (The Beatles, Adele), and film (James Bond, Harry Potter). Its landscapes range from bustling cities to picturesque countryside and historic sites.



Some of the major cities in the United Kingdom:

Enjoy The Best Experience With Us

Education System:

The education system in the United Kingdom is renowned for its quality and diversity. It is divided into several stages, from early childhood education to higher education. 


In the UK, university intakes typically occur in two main periods: the main intake in September/October for undergraduate and postgraduate programs, and a smaller intake in January/February for some courses at certain universities.

Top Universities:

 These universities are highly regarded globally for their academic excellence across various fields of study.

Popular Programs: 

  1. Business Management
  2. Engineering 
  3. Computer Science
  4. Medicine
  5. Arts

Book A Free Consultation



UK offers number of scholarships for international students:

These scholarships cover various degrees and disciplines, and each has its own eligibility criteria and application process. It’s advisable to thoroughly research and apply to those most suitable based on academic background, eligibility, and career aspirations.

Enjoy The Best Experience With Us

Total Expenses for 1-year study visa as an International Student in the UK:

The total expenses for a study visa in the UK also vary significantly based on tuition fees, accommodation costs, living expenses, and other factors. On average, it could range from £10,000 to £35,000 or more per year.

Working Rights

For international students studying in the UK on a valid student visa, there are specific regulations regarding working rights during and after their studies:

During Studies:

  • Tier 4 Student Visa: Students on a Tier 4 (General) student visa can work part-time during term time (up to 20 hours per week) and full-time during holidays.
  • Postgraduate Students: Those enrolled in master’s or Ph.D. programs might have extended work rights, allowing them to work full-time during university holidays.

After Studies:

  • Post-Study Work Visa (Graduate Route): The UK has introduced a Post-Study Work Visa or Graduate Route that allows eligible students to stay and work, or look for work, in the UK for two years (three years for doctoral students) after completing their studies.
  • Skilled Work Visa (formerly Tier 2): After the Post-Study Work Visa period, students can switch to a skilled work visa if they find a job from an approved employer willing to sponsor their work visa.


It’s important for students to adhere to the visa regulations regarding work rights and to check the latest updates or changes in immigration rules as they can be subject to revisions by the UK government.

It’s important for students to adhere to the visa regulations regarding work rights and to check the latest updates or changes in immigration rules as they can be subject to revisions by the UK government.

Permanent Residency:

Obtaining permanent residency in the UK typically involves living in the country for a certain period, usually five continuous years, under specific visas or residency permits. After that, individuals can apply for settled status, which allows them to live and work in the UK indefinitely. The process and requirements may vary based on individual circumstances, such as employment, family ties, or other factors. If you have specific questions or need more detailed information, book your appointment with our expert consultant. 

Book A Free Consultation

General FAQ

How do I apply for a student visa (Tier 4 visa) to study in the UK?

You'll need to receive an acceptance letter from a UK institution, prove your English language proficiency, and show evidence of financial ability to cover your tuition and living expenses. The application is typically done online through the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) website.

Can I work while studying in the UK on a Tier 4 visa?

Tier 4 visa holders are generally allowed to work part-time during term and full-time during holidays. There are restrictions on the type of work and the number of hours, so it's important to check the latest regulations.

What healthcare options are available for international students in the UK?

International students in the UK may be eligible for free or discounted National Health Service (NHS) treatment. It's advisable to check with your university for guidance on healthcare options and consider additional health insurance for comprehensive coverage.

How do I open a bank account in the UK as an international student?

You can open a UK bank account once you arrive. Bring your passport, visa, proof of address, and a letter from your institution confirming your status as a student. Some universities may have partnerships with banks to facilitate the process.

What transportation options are available for students in the UK?

Public transportation, including buses and trains, is widely available. Many students also use bicycles, and some cities have good walking infrastructure. Student discounts are often available for public transportation.

What are the entry requirements for UK universities?

Entry requirements vary by university and program. Generally, you'll need to submit academic transcripts, English language test results (such as IELTS), letters of recommendation, and a personal statement. Check the specific requirements of each university and program.

How can I find accommodation as an international student in the UK?

Universities often provide accommodation options for international students, either on or off-campus. You can also explore private accommodations, shared housing, or homestays. Many universities have accommodation services to assist you.

Are there scholarships available for international students in the UK?

Yes, many UK universities offer scholarships for international students based on academic merit, field of study, or other criteria. Additionally, there are external scholarship programs and governmental scholarships.

Can I travel within the UK and Europe during my studies?

Yes, you can travel within the UK and most of Europe. Ensure that your visa and travel documents are in order. If you plan to travel to Europe, be aware of the specific entry requirements for each country.

How can I extend my stay in the UK after completing my studies?

You may be eligible for the Graduate Route, which allows international students to work, seek employment, or start their own business in the UK for up to two years after completing their studies. Check with your university's international student office for guidance on visa extensions.
Scroll to Top

Book a free Counselling session!

Fill out the form below to register for a free masterclass!

Contact Us

Book a free Demo session!

Fill out the form below to register for a free masterclass!